Streamline Your Day with Outlook’s Pipedrive Add-in
Are you one of the 400 million people worldwide who use Microsoft Outlook to manage their contacts and communicate with potential customers?
You are? Well we’ve got some great news for you:
Our new add-in for Outlook will help you keep your sales opportunities organized, save you time, and make sure no lead falls through the cracks.
With Pipedrive for Outlook, you can organize notes, conversations and activities for every contact, helping you add more deals, all without leaving your inbox.
How does it work?
In the past, when you came across a promising email from a potential customer you were faced with two choices. Navigate away from your inbox, create a new contact in Pipedrive, then copy and paste the information from Outlook. Not the end of the world, but enough of a disruption to be annoying, especially if you try to practice some email discipline and limit the time spent in your inbox every day.
Option two was even more fraught with danger. Make a mental or physical note that you will create the contact later and then carry on dealing with your email. We all know how this one ends. You get sidetracked, the plan to create a contact and a follow-up activity is forgotten, and another potential deal is lost forever.
We can finally offer a third solution.
With our add-in for Outlook you can create new sales deals inside Pipedrive with one click and without leaving the email you’re reading. No more hopping about between your inbox and Pipedrive, or forgetting to add info at a later stage. All you need is both a Pipedrive and an Office 365 account.
How do I get and use it?
Here’s a quick-start guide that will get you up and running:
- Go to the Office Store. You’ll find a page that looks like this:
- Click the green “Add” button
- Sign in with your Office credentials (if you’re not already signed in)
- Open Outlook (both web and desktop versions are supported)
- In Outlook:
- Click on any email
- Find the Pipedrive tab saying: Pipedrive – Create Sales CRM Data (seen truncated in red at the top of this image):
- Click the “Link your account” button and link your Pipedrive account
Now you’re ready to go. Open any mail, click on the Pipedrive tab, select the contact you’d like to add, complete the details and that’s it. The drop-down menu lets you add deals or add existing contacts to existing deals, so play around a bit to familiarize yourself. It really is very easy.
Try it for yourself, today. We think you’ll agree, Outlook and Pipedrive is a marriage made in sales organization heaven.
Here are some commonly encountered problems and their solutions:
- Q: Does my version of Outlook support add-ins?
A: All web versions support the add-in. Check if your desktop version of Outlook supports add-ins: https://store.office.com/help/checkoutlookaddinsupport.aspx
- Q: I don’t have the Pipedrive add-in visible in my desktop app after adding it from the Office Store or I don’t have the add-in store button visible in my desktop app.
A: A Microsoft Office 365 or Outlook.com account is needed to get the add-in. Check if your version of Outlook supports add-ins: https://store.office.com/help/checkoutlookaddinsupport.aspx
- Q: It seems that my version of the desktop app does not support add-ins, but I still want it.
A: You can create a new Office 365 or Outlook.com account on the web. Then connect your other emails to your new account, add the new account to your desktop app and finally add the Pipedrive add-in.
- Q: I absolutely must have the add-in on my Macbook version of Outlook
There is an option to get it working if one adds the latest version of Outlook for Mac (version 15.30). How to get it:
- Subscribe to Office Insider