Can I use Pipedrive on my iPhone? has been the most frequently asked question for some time now. So let me proudly announce that version 1.0 of our iPhone app is now ready to download.
Pipedrive for iPhone is a companion to our web app – you can work with your customer data the second you log in via mobile.
Pipedrive mobile app version 1.0 brings the following to your phone:
- Your pipeline(s), and all deals (to view, edit & filter)
- Your contacts, i.e. people and organizations (to view & filter)
- Your activities (to view & edit)
- Search for people, organizations, and deals
- Switch between different accounts (in case you have multiple accounts)
There are many things you can do now on the go, among these you can
- use phone numbers and e-mail addresses in your Pipedrive database to place calls, send text messages and e-mails,
- look up previous activities regarding deals, people or organizations, add new ones, and
- add new deals on the go, or save changes to existing ones (move them forward in pipeline, mark as ‘Won’, etc.).
Let me give you a quick tour. I’ll break it down for you by 5 sections you can find on the main navigation bar at the lower bottom of the screen.
After you log in, pipeline is where the app takes you first. By default, you are taken to the first stage in you pipeline. By swiping right to left, you can see the 2nd stage, then 3rd, and so on.
By swiping to the leftmost screen in the pipeline, you reach pipeline settings which you can use to
- select another pipeline (in case you’ve created more than one in the web app), and
- select another user.
There’s also a button (3) to refresh your pipeline (it is automatically refreshed every time you log in) – you can refresh pipeline stages separately as well with a swipe down move.
In the pipeline, you can
- see the Summary for each deal (by tapping on it),
- see the activity timeline, and schedule new activities to deal (by tapping the activity icon at the right side of the dealbox – yellow triangle, or red, green or transparent arrow icon), and
- add a new deal (by tapping the ‘Plus’ button at the top right corner).
The activity icons stand for different statuses (pretty much identical to the ones in the web app):
- Yellow triangle – no next activity is scheduled
- Red arrow – activity is overdue
- Green arrow – activity is today
- Transparent arrow icon – activity is scheduled for future.
Once you enter deal Summary page (by tapping on the deal), you can see the
- related person & organization – with the relevant detail page just a tap away,
- owner of the deal,
- deal value,
- stage name (pipeline name in the brackets) – you can change the stage by tapping,
- deal age,
- mini pipeline showing the stages the deal has been in with respective durations,
- (as you scroll down, you see) status of the deal – you can change the status to won, lost, or delete the deal,
- details button – by tapping, you can see deal custom fields you’ve created in the web app,
- products button – you can see products attached to this deal, if you’ve enabled this feature in the web app settings, and if there is a product attached to this deal, and
- activities button – a tap takes you to the timeline of activites with this deal.
From the pipeline, you can add a new deal to pipeline by tapping on the ‘Plus’ button at the top right corner of the sreen. A window opens which lets you
- choose organization and person new deal is with,
- add deal value,
- add deal title,
- determine visibility settings for this particular deal,
- assign the deal to someone else in your team,
- select deal stage (default will be the stage name you were watching when you pressed the ‘Plus’ button).
This is the place where you can find all organizations, people and deals in you Pipedrive database (Products list will be visible in later versions).
By tapping on any of these lists, you are taken to the list view of existing organizations, people, and deals. This is also the place to add new organizations and persons. There’s a ‘Plus’ button (1) on the title bar for adding new items. Every organization, person, and deal has a detail page (2) that you can view here (to access phone numbers, e-mail, etc.). By tapping on phone numbers, or e-mail addresses, you can place calls, send SMS-s, or e-mails.
In addition, by tapping the the ‘Filter’ button (3) at the top right corner, you can switch on filters you’ve created in the web app.
To view all your activities, tap on the ‘Activities’ on the main navigation bar at the bottom. You see the activities categorized by overdue, today, and future dates.
To add a new activity, tap on the ‘Plus’ button at the top right. You’ll be asked to select the activity type, and then you can enter other data (associated deal, person and organization, date and time, add notes, etc.).
Search helps you quickly find a deal, person, or organization from your Pipedrive database. This way you can access the detail page of these items, and take action.
Search is possibly the quickest way to find anyone‘s detail page in your database, make calls, and send SMS-s or e-mails, for example. Just tap on phone numbers, or e-mails, for these purposes.
When you tap on ‘Account’ on the main navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, you can log out (1) from the app. For all Pipedrive customers using multiple accounts, this is also the place to switch between accounts (2).
There you go! This was the quick overview of version 1.0 of Pipedrive for iPhone. I do hope this helps you do more good things for your business while on the road! Email us or comment below if you have any questions or suggestions, or when you need help with the app.
P.S. We are working on bringing out the Android app in the coming months. Users of other platforms will have to wait a bit longer to use our mobile CRM. Also, the iPhone version works on iPad as well.